Tree Frogs are recurring characters in the series.
The red-eyed tree frogs are a pair of amphibians residing in the rainforest. They have high-pitched voices and often speak in unison. Though the tree frogs are never formally introduced, Diego refers to one as "Pablito". The tree frogs are the focal point of the series' first episode, "Rescue of the Red-Eyed Tree Frogs." They make many cameo appearances in subsequent episodes, and have singing parts in "Rainforest Rhapsody."
The tree frogs are mostly a lime green color, with light yellow undersides. They have large, red eyes with thin, black pupils. Their toes are orange.
The tree frogs appear in many episodes of the series. They debuted in "Rescue of the Red-Eyed Tree Frogs."
Facts Learned in Rescue of the Red-Eyed Tree Frogs and Rainforest Rhapsody
- Red-eyed tree frogs' eyes are red, not purple, and they are used to scare away coatis, so red-eyed tree frogs don't dress up as ghosts.
- Red-eyed tree frogs live in trees in the rainforest, not in the city or in holes.
- Red-eyed tree frogs climb using their sticky toes, not their noses. They toes are also not slippery.
- Red-eyed tree frogs hop using their strong legs, not pogo sticks.
- Red-eyed tree frogs eat bugs, not jellyfish.